Is there a phrase in the English language that elicits more glee than 'spring break'? We don't think so. Shuffling off the winter drearies in favor of warmer climes is an annual rite that we relish, right down to the plotting of exactly what to tote along. Winning at spring break requires just a few key ingredients: excellent bikinis, of course, responsible skincare, and a plethora of toys that brighten your days—and nights. Our roundup of must-haves covers the waterfront, so to speak, and each and every pick has been tested for approval. Break away!
1. Foxygen's Hang is the ultimate soundtrack to the free-spirited revelry of a warm-weather escape.
2. No poolside party is complete without a fun blow-up pool lounger. Sunnylife's Luxe Lie-On Rainbow Float is more practical—and colorful—than an outsized flamingo or swan (though we love those too).
3. The Idiot by Elif Batuman is at the top of our must-read list. The New Yorker contributor's debut novel is an ode to the mid-nineties with a major crush at the center of its plot.
4. Keep your sun-drenched skin soothed and shimmering with Kopari Beauty Coconut Body Glow.
5. If you're trying out an on-trend all white bikini, consider Pastease Daisy Pasties, which keep your modesty (and your nipples) in check.
6. Here's the deal—if you're drinking at the pool, you need a waterproof phone case. Swimcell Waterproof Phone Case for the win.
7. Hot sun, cool shades, can't lose. ZeroUV Round Mirrored Lens Sunglasses.
8. For fast sunscreen touchups, Sea & Summit's organic Facestick SPF 30 can't be beat. Softening jojoba, coconut and sesame oils leave skin super nourished and protected, while natural zinc blocks harsh rays.
9. Sunnylife Beach Sounds turns any hotel room, lounge chair, or tent into a party.