EAT: Tomato, Avocado And Corn Salad
Tomato, avocado and corn salad = easy, simple and delicious. This is one of my favorite side salads (or light lunches) to make when I want something fast and fresh. It only takes a few minutes to throw together, so I often make this on days when I'm strapped for time. Plus, I'm a huge tomato and avocado fan, so I usually have these ingredients on hand most of the time. I usually like to keep it simple with olive oil and lemon juice, but I'll sometimes add a few drops of truffle oil and any fresh herbs I have on hand to give it a flavor boost.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes (preferably heirloom if you can find them)
- 1 large avocado
- 2 ears of corn (you can also used canned/frozen corn, but fresh is always best!)
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Truffle oil (optional)
1. Wash and cut the tomatoes. The cherry tomatoes can be halved, or if using large tomatoes remove seeds and dice into large chunks
2. Wash and cut the avocado into cubes (click here if you need steps on how to cut avocados)
3. You can either boil your corn (3-10 min in boiling water), or microwave it (roughly 5 min). After the corn cools, use a knife to cut the kernels from the cob
4. Put the tomatoes, avocado and corn into a large bowl and toss with a teaspoon of olive oil. Then add a splash of lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste.
5. For added flavor, chop fresh herbs into the salad (I love adding cilantro, parsley or dill) or add a few drops of truffle oil.
See more recipes from Neato! Bonito here