Clear Up Breakouts The Hawaiian Way With This DIY Taro Face Mask
The people of Hawaii tend to have clear skin, and it's not just the ocean vibes and relaxation at work. Taro root is a staple in Hawaiian cuisine, and holds a myriad of healthy skin properties including potassium, calcium, and vitamins B and C.
But you don't need to eat Taro in order to reap its natural acne-fighting benefits. You can put the stuff right on your face. If you suffer from breakouts and are looking for a gentle, organic and all-natural treatment, this simple and affordable DIY Taro face mask might just be your saving grace.
What You'll Need*
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Organic Coconut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Lehua Honey
- 1 Teaspoon fresh grated ginger.
- 1 Tablespoon Taro powder
*You may choose to adjust proportions if you find the mixture too soupy or too thick.
- Mix all your ingredients, then process in a blender.
- Smooth a fine layer of mixture onto dry skin.
- Leave for 25 minutes.
- Rinse off completely with luke warm water.
- Apply the moisturizer of your choice.
Use mask as often as once per day, and enjoy refreshed, clear skin!